The new year is almost here and with it comes many new resolutions to eat healthy. (I for one have been eating way too much sugar over the holidays!) I am ready to start eating soups, salads, fruits, vegetables, and more healthy dinners. This enchilada quinoa casserole is a recent staple in our dinner rotation. It is healthy, filling, delicious, easy to make, and the left overs make fore great filling lunches.
Enchilada Quinoa Casserole
• 2 cups cooked quinoa
• 2 cups of cooked meat (I have used leftover taco meat and rotisserie chicken and both are delicious in this dish)
• ½ cup diced olives (optional)
• 1 cup black bean (drained and rinsed)
• 1 cup corn (drained and rinsed)
• ¾ cup shredded cheese
• 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
• 2 cups of enchilada sauce
• ¼ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven for 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, meat, olives, beans, corn, cheese, green onions and enchilada sauce. Mix until the ingredients are evenly coated by enchilada sauce.
- Grease a 9×13 pan. Pour mixture into the pan. Top with extra shredded cheese.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes until the cheese has melted and it is warm throughout.
- Top with cilantro and avocado and enjoy.